Los Angeles Actor Headshots with Kerry James

by - 4:46 PM



This week I had the pleasure of meeting and working with Tiara a working actress here in Los Angeles, that needed to update her headshot, so her manager reached out to me and here are some of my favorite shots for our session. Working with actors is the best! They are always ready to work, and can show me different sides of their personality on command, it's like flipping a light switch, and Tiara just went to work, she took my direction when needed and she allowed me to capture her persona fully. And we were able to get some amazing shots of her. The other thing I love about working actors is that they know how important a quality professional headshots are to their career.  

Just this week I received an inquiry from a potential client, who made the statement, "I'm just calling to see if you can beat the other photographer's price" OK, I promise this will not be one of those rants about how so many people come to LA looking to break into Hollywood with their $50 headshots. OK, just a little one. Guys it's so important to do this right, your headshot is your calling card, it's the first thing casting directors see when making a decesion about who gets the role. This part of my baby rant is the most important take away. If your headshot look cheaply done or as if you put very little effort into them, many casting directors will say, if your not serious about the quality or the headshots, then your not a serious actor.   


Last thing to remember, you don't have to purchase the most expensive headshots in town, but people shop for gas based on price, shop for your headshots based on quality.

You May Also Like

2 comments